Besides producing a great steak, this is a fun way to cook. Following this step by step guide produces a rare steak with great markings.
- Prepare your coals as you normally do. Spread them evenly across your grill.
- Find a hair drier. Use it to blow the loose ash from your grill.
- Place a searing grate on top of the coals. Let it heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Place your steak directly on the searing grate.
- Cook for a minute-and-a-half to two minutes on each side.
- Let it rest, then serve!