This simple Cajun turkey recipe mixes honey, beer, and Cajun seasonings. It has a slightly sweet taste with hints of beer. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup beer (darker is better)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ tablespoon garlic sale
- ½ tablespoon onion salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ table spoon Cajun seasoning
- Sriracha to taste
Wood: Wood chips for smoking. I used cherry wood.
- Mix the injection ingredients together. A vertical container often works better (as it
is easier to pull into your syringe.
- Inject liberally into the turkey breast.
- Heat your smoker to 225 degrees. Let it stabilize for up to an hour.
- Put the bird in the smoker. You’ll smoke it for 3-4 hours.
- Mix together your glaze.
- At about 3 hours in, check the temperature. When you’re at about 155 degrees, apply the glaze.
- Pull the turkey at 160 degrees. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes (I tent it.) It will continue to cook to the recommended 165 degrees.