This is a very easy, but very tasty, rotisserie chicken recipe-all you need is three ingredients. It is made with the rotisserie attachment for a Weber kettle grill. The attachment is a great investment; you can cook all sorts of good stuff on it.
2 jalapeño peppers
Lemon pepper (I do not make my own; you can pick up a good mix at most grocery stores.)
- Soak your chicken in ice water for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the ice water. Rub it with the lemon pepper rub, including under the skin. Put it back in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- Cut the lemons into cubes, leaving as little rind on them as possible.
- Slice the jalapenos.
- Stuff the lemons and jalapenos inside the chicken. Push the jalapenos against the interior wall of the chicken cavity.
- Close the cavity with toothpicks, pinning the chicken’s skin down.
- Put the chicken on the rotisserie. Truss the limbs to the chicken’s body. A lot of people do this with twine. I find it easier to use toothpicks.
- Prepare your grill for high, indirect hear.
- Cook for 60-90 minutes. When it hits 160, pull it and let it rest for 10-15 minutes (it should finish cooking to 165 while it rests.)